This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Recent Graffiti News

Editor
Mar 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I was thinking about updating the "Recent Graffiti News" with a codeplex RSS Feed.  Thoughts?  Would anybody else find this useful?  If so, suggestions on which feed would be best suited for the admin dashboard?

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:43 AM

I think it makes a heck of a lot more sense than what's there now, since I don't see any way that it can even be updated now, since none of the links on the current news items work anymore anyways.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:00 AM

This would be fine as a temporary measure, but longer term we need to start the discussion about actually creating a unique set of documentation and news for this project.  Has anybody kicked off that type of discussion as yet?

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 5:50 AM

Yep we definitely need to get docs, news, and marketplace setup for new open source Graffiti.

I was finally able to get the Telligent owned GraffitiCMS.com updated this week to be just a static page pointing to the CodePlex project.  This weekend I’ll work on getting a new external site setup for those things and then we can update the feeds within Graffiti. I have the documentation articles that used to be on GraffitiCMS.com saved, so we should be able to use some of those as a starting a point for docs…. And I’ll definitely be asking for help from everyone on creating/updating the documentation.  J

Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 11:01 PM
To: Kevin Harder
Subject: Re: Recent Graffiti News [graffiticms:203593]

This would be fine as a temporary measure, but longer term we need to start the discussion about actually creating a unique set of documentation and news for this project. Has anybody kicked off that type of discussion as yet?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (graffiticms@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email graffiticms@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:56 AM

I saw that GraffitiCMS got closed down, in fact I tweeted it earlier today while I was looking for some documentation: http://twitter.com/digory/status/9908104066

I'm happy to help out with some of the docco as it is sorely missing at present.

On the topic of the new version of Graffiti and governance... I'd love to see something made clear about where that is headed.  Not wanting to slow the project down too much, but a feature roadmap or something along those lines would give me a lot of confidence personally.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Since codeplex has the areas to host it, I think having the product documentation hosted here makes the most sense - keep everything in one place.  I think that the graffiticms.com site should just be kept as a marketing site to drive people here.  News items there would be fine, but the detailed developer stuff makes more sense here.

Kevin - are you going to have the new site actually USE Graffiti?  I think that would be ideal and a great marketing point.

Editor
Mar 3, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Pligg (http://www.pligg.com/ ) is a good example of how graffiticms.com could be designed.  

Marketing Home Page,
Forum
Marketplace 
Blog 

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM

We had to shut down the various Graffiti sites on Telligent owned servers because of requests from the operations folk.  I believe the single static page that is up right now is what is going to stay at GraffitiCMS.com for the forseeable future. But I have db backups of all the Graffiti sites and want to get the docs migrated over asap.

You are right Charles, CodePlex does have a pretty decent docs capability here. It does make sense to have them here. Sometimes the CodePlex site can get slow.. but probably not worth it to host the docs somewhere else. Could take advantage of the CodePlex roles by hosting them here too.

The external site will be just for product info & news, and as a free "marketplace" or addon library.  And yep, want to do it using all Graffiti to be a good demo of the software.

I'm going to be on a business trip the rest of today and tomorrow, but should have some time tonight and this weekend to start getting this stuff setup. And I'll put the old Graffiti CMS documentation somewhere you guys can access it and then help migrate it over to CodePlex. :)  More info to come soon

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM

>> We had to shut down the various Graffiti sites on Telligent owned servers because of requests from the operations folk.

It would have been nice to announced this somewhere rather than just taking down a whole heap of valuable resources - perhaps via http://twitter.com/graffiticms or here.  

Lucky for me that the web archive had cached the bits that I needed.

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2010 at 6:44 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM

All of the codeplex feeds seem to be messy, some containing various revisions of the same content. I'm not sure which of those would contain useful information.

What do you think about using http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/graffiticms.rss as the feed for the dashboard? The posts are short, perfectly sized to display in this manner. I've already created a mockup and it seems to work well, kindof like the twitter widget in the way it displays.

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I'm not keen on using the Twitter feed - given simplicity is Graffiti's strong point, a user opening the control panel and seeing @replies, #hashtags is going to go against simplicity.

What about a news category on extendgraffiti.com that we could pull the news feed from?