This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Graffiti 1.3 Site Launched Today

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Hello all,

We launched a redesign of our 4 year old website today and it is 100% on Graffiti 1.3. I think it shows a unique use and was really fun to put together.

www.mooresvilleonline.com

Feedback/comments/questions are welcome.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I like it, though it took me a moment to find the blog.

John

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Looks nice.

What are you using for your commenting/review section? - that doesn't look like built into GraffitiCMS.

Is that some custom code, or are you using some add-on like disqus?

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM

The "comments" on the blog are by disqus, while the "reviews" on each business listing is using the built in comments system within Graffiti.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Been meaning to come back and discuss this since you posted it, but time sure does slip by quickly.

I love seeing Graffiti sites that aren't the typical blog, though of course there is nothing wrong with Graffiti blogs! :)

Tell us a little bit about how it's implemented if you don't mind. Are the address, phone number and website link part of the post body or are you making use of custom fields? Also, I like the Bing Map. Is that a custom widget or are you using custom fields for the address and pumping that into the javascript for the map at runtime? Nice use of tags. The "You May Also Enjoy" widget - is it one of the stock widgets? Also, I really like the "Suggested Searches" thingy - is that just generated from tags?

Thanks,
Dan

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Yes, I am using custom fields like crazy. I use the post body for the "Description" section.

I am just using the Bing Maps JS API and dropping in the address from the custom field. The "You May Also Enjoy" is a custom widget that just grabs other listings that have some of the same tags. Correct, the "Suggested Searches" is just generated from tags; I just take X number of tags with at least X number of postings.

I'll be making another site live today or tomorrow that us a very traditional CMS implementation for a professional website.