Jul 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM
Hi Jeremy -
I haven't been watching these stats over a long time so I don't have a lot of history to refer to. My ISP notified me of this because they had to start charging me more for db storage.
Anyways, when i first noticed the issue I was using vista db. The size of the db file was about 34mb. Since vista db was no longer going to be supported in 1.3, I decided to just switch over to MSSQL 2005. After I used the export tool provided by graffiti
I got a report from the ISP on the size of the various tables in the db. To answer your specific questions:
1) The size of the db must have been developed during the time I was developing the site and changing the page templates. I added a lot of the blog posts on the site after the db was already large.
2) It doesn't seem to be growing too much now, but I'm also just adding posts and not modifying them or modifying the templates. I don't have exact numbers for this but I could run some tests and get exact numbers if it would help.
3) Here are the number as they currently are from the report the ISP gave me. I left out a few tables that were very small or unrelated (tags, userRoles, etc..
# of records: 8
# of records: 255
# of records: 48
# of records: 17
# of records: 13,515
# of records: 41
# of records: 1,498
thanks for your help!