This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I have not logged into my graffiti website in a while, but I am now getting the following error upon logging in. Also, I can modify the url and go straight to the posts page, where it works fine. any help would be appreciated.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 161:            }
Line 162: else
Line 163: feed = FeedManager.GetFeed("http://graffiticms.com/blog/feed/", false);
Line 164: // ***************************************
Line 165: // END HACK FOR MONO

Source File: d:\hosting\2511991\html\home\graffiti-admin\Default.aspx    Line: 163

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Graffiti.Core.FeedManager.GetFeeds() +226
Graffiti.Core.FeedManager.GetFeed(String url, Boolean throwExceptionOnError) +41
ASP.graffiti_admin_default_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\2511991\html\home\graffiti-admin\Default.aspx:163
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

It looks like you need to upgrade - that code you are running is over 6 months old, and the URL it is referencing no longer works (and the way it is retrieving the data for that URL wasn't set up to handle things well when the feed was not available).

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Just to make sure, are you running the open-source, 1.3 version?