This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Deleted posts not permanently deleting & other probs.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I’m looking for some help in identifying what’s gone wrong with a Graffiti site recently. I have 3 types of problems; Deleted Posts, Draft Posts & Publish Dates and I’m hoping there’s one simple explanation that my pea brain can’t see.

Deleted posts don’t appear within the Deleted section so I’m unable to permanently delete a post in order to recreate with the same name. If I do try to use the same name I get ‘Your post could not be saved. Reason: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'IX_graffiti_Posts_CategoryId_Name'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.graffiti_Posts'. The statement has been terminated.’

The deleted posts are also still available to add to the navigation although they 404. If the posts belong to a category and I’ve set the number of posts to display to just 3 per page the non deleted posts do not appear if they had previously been published after the deleted posts. There is also a next post/previous post link appearing although of course nothing is rendered on the next/previous pages. If I set the number of posts to display 10 then the non deleted posts render. It seems that the deleted posts are ‘ghosts’ in that they are there but not there (hope that makes sense).

If I save a post and set Publish Status: Draft the Draft tab shows Draft (1) but selecting that tab I get the message ‘Sorry, there are no drafts for you to edit.’

If I backdate posts they don’t render until I republish with the current date and time.

Any pointers in identifying what’s wrong would be gratefully received. I’m using 1.3 Alpha

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Can you try upgrading your core code to the latest build. It can be found here: http://graffiticms.codeplex.com/releases/view/60494

Let us know if you are still experiencing issues after upgrading.