Post Category Structure and Multisite Support

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I was wondering if having more than 2 category levels or some other way to manage post grouping and URL structure was in the plan for the next release. I would recommend this product for some of our future sites but this limitation may keep us from using it.

Another feature that would be great and not sure if anyone else has experimented with is to use the same core for multiple sites. This would help out when updating the core and sharing themes for multiple sites, which can often come up.

I do appreciate this project and this product, I still recommend it to most who are building straight content sites in .NET.

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 6:33 PM

That is definitely something on the list of desired features. We don't have an official 2.0 roadmap yet, but that's been asked several times so I'm pretty sure we're going to include that.

Not sure exactly what you mean by using the same core for multiple sites - can you explain that one further?

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Good to here.

Multi site support:

www.example.com
www.example2.com
www.example3.com

-All three using the same code
-3 Different Data Bases
-Shared Themes
-Plugins would have to be enabled forh.
-each and widgets would have to be created for each.

This will elimintate the necessity for duplicating code since the core CMS never changes it is only the DB, plugins and themes that change. Great architecture by the way one of the easiest CMS to upgrade ever.

Not sure if you are familiar with Drupal CMS or Wordpress MU but basically like that.

-Mike

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I've never tried, but what if you use virtual folders for folders like bin, files\themes, graffiti-admin, ___utility, whatever else you want all pointing to a single copy of those folders but each site has its own web.config pointing to its own database which stores all the theme and widget settings and everything else that is unique? I'm not sure that would be a "supported" solution and its certainly not elegant.

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:47 AM

That is not a bad idea. I will check that out.