Who is using Graffiti CMS?

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Who is still using Graffiti CMS? I have not seen much on Graffiti CMS for a while - is it being supported or is it slowly being phased out.

Leave a post here or better yet let's discuss it on twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/tunis

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2011 at 2:39 AM

We just launched a new site on a custom version of Graffiti here: www.orcsweb.com

I've also setup and running these sites:

www.matuzo.com
www.queenslanding.com
www.troubledwatersfilm.com
www.afyoung.net
www.bowlfreak.net
www.cheathamlab.com
www.nexusnews.org
www.urbanrestoration.org 

It is a very solid CMS platform and with the open source nature and the built in plugins it is quite extensible.

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I manage several sites using Graffiti. We've never had the benefits of a large company behind us (even if you consider Telligent large, they were really never behind Graffiti too much, even when they were trying to sell it as a commercial product), so I don't know that it ever had a chance to get where Wordpress is or where Orchard is heading.

Right now, it seems like most people that use it are happy with what it does, and aren't really looking to add features, which is why things have been slow here. I'd love to add a bunch of stuff personally, but with my business and two small children, my contributions are limited to the enhancements I need for the sites that I support. I've got a huge personal wish list that I really should post up here sometime, maybe that will help get the ball rolling with people. We also only have 3-4 people that are "active" contributors to the project, so a great way to help Graffiti pick up steam again would be to contribute to it (if you're capable of doing so, of course).

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM
jeremyhodges wrote:

We just launched a new site on a custom version of Graffiti here: www.orcsweb.com

What kind of customization within Graffiti have you added for this site?

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM
charlesboyung wrote:
jeremyhodges wrote:

• Added a posts filter in the control panel.
  • Modified to use WMD editor with Markdown rather than the HTML WYSIWYG editor.
  • Added the ability to view a past version of the post/page if logged in--this also gives the ability to view a draft version on the actual site before publishing the changes.
  • Added an "archives" feature to our blog which doesn't require any type of custom views and uses a standard widget.

I think that's about it.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 3:09 AM
jeremyhodges wrote:
charlesboyung wrote:
jeremyhodges wrote:

• Added a posts filter in the control panel.
  • Modified to use WMD editor with Markdown rather than the HTML WYSIWYG editor.
  • Added the ability to view a past version of the post/page if logged in--this also gives the ability to view a draft version on the actual site before publishing the changes.
  • Added an "archives" feature to our blog which doesn't require any type of custom views and uses a standard widget.

I think that's about it.

Well those sound like good things to potentially add into the source as a patch (if you are allowed to do so). :)