This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Anyone having problems with admin section?

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Trying 3 different sites on 3 different servers, and the admin section appears to be just hanging for a very long time. Not just the front page of it, either. Event he "write new post" page is taking about a minute to come back (and when it does, it's almost instantaneous that it renders).

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I believe this was because the ExtendGraffiti.com site was down for most of today, and it's set as the default marketplace in the Graffiti. The admin section pings the site on the dashboard. I'm don't remember if there's a call to it in the "write new post" page, but if so that would explain it too. We should probably set a much shorter timeout or make it opt-in for pinging the marketplace site.

The site being down was my fault. I just switched server hosts, and didn't get the ExtendGraffiti.com DNS switched over to the new server before the old one got decommissioned early this morning.  I updated it about two hours ago and it appears to be running fine on the new server, but it could take a while longer for the dns change to propagate throughout the internet.  Please let me know if anyone notices any issues. Apologies to all the Graffiti users for the inconvenience!