This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

IIS7 on Windows 7 Ultimate

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Does anybody have this build of GraffitiCMS running properly on IIS7 on Windows 7? I can't for the life of me make it work.

I create a new Web Site in IIS Admin on, say, port 81 (or 8080, or whatever), open the source in Visual Studio 2008 running as Administrator, and publish the web project to that site.

I create the database (SQL Server 2005) and alter the connection string and DataBuddy provider in the web.config to point to it.

I browse to http://localhost:81, and I'm greeted with an "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" error. No details, just an error. The event log shows me a w3wp.exe crash in mscorlib for each time I hit that page.

I'm not doing anything fancy. Can someone running Windows 7 try this out for me and see if it works for you?

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I have running GraffitiCMS just fine on Windows 7, IIS7, SQL Server 2008. Search the internet for the exception message from the event log to figure out if anyone else has similar issues. It sounds to me like an issue in your Windows 7/IIS/.NET configuration and probably not related to GraffitiCMS.

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Oops - I retract that. My database was pointing to a theme that I hadn't added to the project.

Having added that, I can now debug properly and see if I can see what's going on.