Where is root/feed?

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 2:16 AM

What happened to the <site_root>/feed directory? With 1.3 Alpha is the root site feed gone?

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Good catch!

The root /feed directory is no longer needed when using url routing. Looks like it was removed when that feature was added.

However if you are on an older version of IIS or ASP.NET and can't use url routing, you'll need the /feed directory. You can tell Graffiti to regenerate the category and post directories by using the rebuild pages utility (admin > Site Options > Utilities > Rebuild Pages), but unfortunately this doesn't recreate the feed directory if ti's missing. We should probably add that functionality.

For now as a work around you can create the /Feed directory and inside it create a Default.aspx file that contains the following single line:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Inherits="Graffiti.Core.RSS" %>

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Thanks, Kevin. That was the exact issue I was running into.

My local machine has IIS7 but my hosting environment is still IIS 6 so I had to rebuild pages, not a big deal - worked fine. However I realized the feed wasn't working and I came looking for an answer.

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I also benefited from this work around, but have something else to add.

In IE8, the rss was not properly rendered as XML/RSS, it displayed as pure text.

So, to fix this issue, I changed the response types for the XML output in Graffiti.Core/RSS.cs

Lines 122 and 158:

Context.Response.ContentType ="application/xml"; //"application/rss+xml"
Now it properly renders in IE7, IE8, FF and Safari. Hope this helps someone.