Can't Run Graffiti 1.3 Alpha

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Hello.  I've downloaded and attempted this with several builds of GCMS 1.3.  I compile locally and publish to a local folder. Then, I upload all of the files (with and without code-behind) up to the shared hosting account via FTP (FileZilla) to a subfolder (set up as an application root) on my account.  One of my domains is mapped to the folder/application root.

I can get the site to come up using MS Access as the data storage, but no other provider works.  I've tried MS SQL (2005) and MySQL (4.1 and 5).  When I attempt to use either of the latter two data storage repositories, application exceptions occur at the following line of code in the global.asax:  RolePermissionManager.GetRolePermissions();

So I switch back to MS Access.  Of course, I must change permissions on the App_Data folder where the MDB file resides before making any changes to the configuration via the admin console.  And, to change themes, etc. I must give write access to the /graffiiti_root/files/ directory, and propagate permissions down the tree.

Well.... as soon as I start making changes to the file permissions the site goes down.  I get an error message saying that the server has reset the connection.  I can't bring up the home page or the admin home page.   I've granted read/write from the application root and propagated down the tree as well - nothing works.

I found a copy of version GCMS 1.2 and it worked right away...  so I know the application will work on my shared hosting account.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  

I'm using Godaddy.com.  I've upgraded to IIS 7.0 and confirmed that .NET 3.5 SP1 is installed.  I've set the application pool to run in Integrated mode as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

Frank