Migrating Posts to Graffiti
Graffiti’s migration tool allows you to import your posts into Graffiti from a non-Graffiti site.
The migration tool supports following application types for importing into Graffiti:
- Community Server 2007
- Community Server 2.1
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Site Options > Utilities > Migrator.
When you click Migrator, the Graffiti Migration Tool opens.
2. Select the type of application type which you used to publish the posts you want to import.
- If you are importing Community Server posts, you must provide the database connection string, Community Server application key, and your username.
- If you are importing posts from Wordpress or BlogML, you must browse to your posts’ location.
- If you are importing posts from dasBlog, you must upload the content folder from dasBlog and copy it to your Graffiti root directory.
3. Click Get data
. The list of posts displays.
4. Check the checkboxes for the posts you want to import.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to do the following:
- Select the post author from the Author drop-down list.
- Specify the category with which you want the posts associated.
6. Click Import Posts
. A message at the bottom of the page tells you when the import is complete.