This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

doesnt work on godaddy

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM

can anyone help?

i have this working on my local machine but when i upload to godaddy but gives me the "this page is not available" error... is there any extra cobfig that i must add?

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Two things to check first, what version of IIS are you using? and what version of the .net are you using...you need to make sure. I couldn't get one of my sites working until I upgraded to .net 3.5 with SP1, it wouldn't work without the service pack (at least not in my host environment). 

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hi

In fact I just went to my hosting account and there is no mention of SP1 support, only plain 3.5. I sent a mail to them asking and will let you know soon

And thanks for the answer ejbrennan99

Cheers

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I checked, 3.5 SP1 is installed :(

I currently have one of the precious 1.3 Alpha running ok on the same system (don't ask me which one because I really don't know)

My problem is with the latest builds

any thoughts?!

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM

if this helps, I have a tool that makes HTTP requests. Making a request to my site gives me the following error:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

you can check the site at: http://www.waymediamz.com/acarrilhograffiti/

cheers

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:28 AM

It looks like you may have some bigger issues with your account there - when I try to get http://www.waymediamz.com directly I get an error as well, but the web.config is preventing showing the details. If you resolve that error, my guess is that it may resolve the Graffiti error as well.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Hi Andre,

This might be a dumb question, but are you trying to use Trunk?  Please make sure to only use the 1.3 branch on a production site if you are building from source. Trunk is undergoing major changes and there are likely some bugs in the current bits that need to get worked out. I think I just found one in the new data service code that generates a stack overflow when you have nested categories.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:28 AM

I actually just got this issue in v1.3 on my local box (I develop mostly against trunk).  The issue doesn't happen on my server for v1.3, so I have an environment that I can test against.  I'll spend some time on this this week and see if I can figure out some ideas to try.

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM

@andrecarrilho I experienced the same problem with the latest builds and tried the build 38691. It worked without any problem. Moreover with your web host you may be running on Medium Trust level, therefore if you have any plugins deployed in your bin folder try to remove them and run. I found that some plugins do not run under Medium Trust due to some reason. You can have a look at the latest record in graffiti_Logs table to check whether there are any exceptions raised.