This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Write access needed, but missing DOCUMENTATION?

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone help, i have got grafitticms up and running but i am in the control panel and wanted to add Categories...

but it states the following with a link to documentation, but the docs are gone... which directory needs write access??

Any chance of the getting the docs uploads soon?

In order for Graffiti CMS to properly function, it will need write access to server's file system. You will not be able to add categories, write/edit posts, or upload files until this issue is corrected

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Also is there more than 1 directory that needs write access??

Is it just write acess or create access??  what types of permissions

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:19 AM

The original documentation can still be accessed here http://web.archive.org/web/20080503035938/graffiticms.com/support/getting-started/

You can also search this discussion forum for other documentation links.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:56 AM

The documentation should be able to provide the answers for you, but I'll try a bit here.

The access you need depends on the version of IIS you are running. In IIS 6, you need to give pretty much the entire directory write/create access because every post and category gets created as a folder, so friendly URLs work. In IIS 7, this is no longer needed (unless you choose to use file creation), but you still need write/create access to the theme folders if you want to be able to make use of the theme personalization part of the control panel.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Oh, and actually, the whole "files" folder (not just its themes subfolder) is going to need write/create access, because that is the folder used for uploads and adding images to the site.

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Given write access to the files directory and all seems to be working now

Thank you