Hosted Graffiti CMS

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Hello all,

I am considering providing a hosted Graffiti CMS service. I am hoping to get some feedback on who might like to see a service for this available, what features you would like to see, and how much you would expect to pay for such a service/features.

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!
Jeremy 

Editor
Sep 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Jeremy,

I personally don't have a use for such a service, but if I did some of the things I would want to see are:

1.  Automated/Scheduled Database Backups
2.  Security/Bug Fix/Patches applied and upgraded to latest version (if desired).
3.  A nice selection of pre-installed themes and plugins
4.  Installation/Configuration of additional plugins (for a one-time fee or higher monthly fee)
5.  A clean usage tutorial.  If someone is paying to use this service, it's probably a good idea to go over some of the basics or at least provide relevant links. 

These are probably obvious, but figured it wouldn't hurt to throw them out there.

Regards,
Brian 

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I would look at comparable WordPress plans to see what types of services and prices they are offering.  I don't think Graffiti and Wordpress are necessarily interchangeable, but it might give you someplace to start.

Here is an overview of some services who offer WordPress hosting, and the prices of their plans.  I actually use DreamHost, but not solely for Wordpress.