This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Graffiti 1.2 using jQuery

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Hi All,

I am currently using Graffiti 1.2 for several clients and would like to migrate to jQuery.

My first choice is to migrate to version 1.3 -- which is jQuery based -- but I have been struggling to get a Graffiti 1.3 site to work properly (I have a post in another thread).

I remember that before 1.3 and the Open Source version, someone had posted how to convert a 1.2 site from Prototype to jQuery. I can no longer find that post. Does anyone have any clues on how to accomplish a Prototype to jQuery conversion using v1.2?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

For 1.2 you'll want to keep Prototype around for the control panel, but all you have to do is include jQuery in your theme and use it. As long as you don't use $macros.Head() it won't automatically drop Prototype into your theme. With Graffiti, you have complete control over what shows up in the front-end through your theme and can use whatever tools you feel are best for your development.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

You can also use both prototype and jquery if you want in 1.2. All you need to do is after you include the jquery library follow the instructions here:

http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries