This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

GraffitiCMS version 2.0 roadmap

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a roadmap for the version 2.0 . Is there a base/alpha code I can download? I see there is a wishlist of changes/improvements to be made. Could you please make some kind of announcement, regarding the focus and timelines?

Finally, I heard there will be major changes from 1.3 to 2.0. Will be an upgrade path from 1.3 to 2.0?

I understand graffiticms is open source. I have been a early adopter since 1.0 version and even purchased bunch of licenses during the initial launch. Only to be thoroughly disappointed. I don't want to spend more time on this platform if there is going be no clear plan.

It already seems like it is fizzling out due to lack in clear plan and communicating that vision/plan. GraffitiCMS has great potential if well implemented and I am sure if there is some good momentum, it will be successful.

Would appreciate any kind of resources/links, pointing to the answers to the above questions, if they have been discussed recently.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Hey, there is no code base for 2.0 yet. Download the latest code for 1.3 and that will be the base code for you to use. Not sure where you heard that there will be major changes from 1.3 to 2.0, because we've only barely talked about it here at all. I know there will be significant enhancements to functionality, but even those are just in the brainstorming phases. No matter what happens, there will definitely be an upgrade path from version 1.3 to version 2.0; that much I can guarantee.

I think any significant discussion on 2.0 was waiting until 1.3 is marked as released. And I think that at this point, we're just waiting on one of us to say that is so. We haven't seen any issues with the "beta" release so far, so I think we are just about ready to deem it as a stable release. We'll definitely be talking about 2.0 in the new year, and should have a plan in the somewhat near future. I don't want to give a date for that plan because we haven't really talked at all and I'm sure most guys are unavailable for the next week or so anyways.