This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Duplicate Comments Post 1.3 Update

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I updated my siteto the v1.3 code based on the last checkin and what I'm noticing is that I typically get in the relam of 5 - 20 copies of each individual comment committed to the database. I'm not really sure where to start troubleshooting this as I am not familiar with the code base at all. Are there any known issues in this space or can someone recommend where I might start digging?

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I'll see if I can do some research on this this weekend. To be completely honest with you, I don't have a single site running the built in Graffiti comments anymore - they are pretty limited. I've been running Disqus on every Graffiti site I maintain for a while now, so I personally have never tested the commenting code in 1.3.

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Alright - let me know if I can do anything to help.

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2011 at 1:08 AM

What version were you running before? There's nothing in the most recent check-ins that I could find that would cause this to happen.

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I was/am running the latest checkin. I did build it myself but no modifications.

I managed to get Disqus implemented over the weekend and ported my comments over from Graffiti (though I haven't figured out how to port over and implement trackbacks yet).