This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is this project dead ?

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Yeah ... very very long time that do not see any updates ?

:(

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Not dead, just stable and holding. We haven't really figured out what the next version is going to change, so 1.3 is kind of where it's at. I keep meaning to make an official stable release for 1.3, I just haven't found the time to do so.

Is there something specific you are looking for that Graffiti doesn't currently provide? The real reason there haven't been any updates is because the contributors are all at a point where we are generally happy with the functionality and there haven't been any serious issues reported (and lesser issues haven't been resolved for various reasons).

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Yes, I know ver 1.3 very stable because I build some sites and my clients do not report any error ....

But I'm waiting for ver 2.0 with multi categories ? or some else cool .....

Thanks for a good .NET CMS

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM

This app maybe stable but it is losing popularity. I loved Graffiti when I first started building sites with it but it is becoming dated. It is too bad since the core product is pretty solid, it just lacks the scalability and Communities that other Open Source CMSes offer. I convinced my company to move to Drupal as our Enterprise CMS solution since their community is very active and their product scales really well. Initially I was hoping to use Graffiti but it just never advanced. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Enterprise CMS solution, Scaling?

Yeah, your company probably should go elsewhere. We need to keep in mind, the CMS in GraffitiCMS means "Content Made Simple". Maybe we could somehow stress that more so people won't be disappointed to learn that GraffitiCMS was never meant to compete with so called "enterprise solutions".

Personally I'm thrilled this noob programmer can actually write extensions that I need and easily rip out features I don't need.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM

It is too bad, Graffiti has a great structure and in many cases is better than others that cost a fortune (Sitecore, Kentico). I think that is what Drupal has going for it as well, nice clean structure and huge community contributing to modules. Well again, it is just too bad, I thought this CMS would have gone a little further.

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I'm going to say the same thing I've said before - there has not been anything specific requested that can't already be done. As I asked above - is there something specific you are looking for that Graffiti doesn't provide? Scalability and communities are not specific requests.

The only way something is going to get done is if there is a specific request and someone has the time/need to implement that request. All of those platforms you mention have significant money getting poured into them. Graffiti has zero. Because of this, the only thing that has been driving enhancements to it has been the needs of the developers (and there's only about 3 of us that are active contributors).

If your company wants to use Graffiti for something that it doesn't support, the first thing you need to do is request it. The second thing you should do is implement the change you are looking for (or hire someone to implement it) and commit it as a patch to the project. An open source project with zero money and just a couple of contributors is not going to move forward in the way that you want. I'd love to make Graffiti into a true competitor to the Wordpresses and Orchards in the world, but I have to do the work for my paying clients first. And I'm sure the other contributors to Graffiti are in the same boat.