This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Migrate from dasBlog causes error

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I uploaded the content folder from dasBlog to my server to the /files/temp/ folder in my Graffiti installation and then clicked 'Get data'.

An error message window Pops up: An error occured... etc.
But the Server side Graffiti logs are empty and do not Show any further informations.

How do I get the data migrated?
I use the most recent codeplex Version 1.3.

Edited 1th Nov.: I took the 1.3 sources and wrote a little unit test Project against the "dasBlog" importer class and found some REAL XML issues in some of the dayfeeback.xml files (Input, how comes?). Now I fixed them all but still get an error... (and no log entries or any Kind of error (the real one) :-(
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
If you want to contact me with a sample file, I'll see about debugging this when I've got time. For a quicker fix you might be able to convert the file to another importable format using an online conversion tool.

Just when I thought everyone was jumping ship and even got a request to write an export tool to blogger format, someone is actually importing to graffiti! Wow!
Nov 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
You can use this to test Import:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24804321/GraffitiImport/dasBlog.Content.zip

You should have a look to my uploaded patch for v1.3 to get a hint where I had "Hands on" to get Posts imported (with null Content at some fields, see the other conversation running about the nullrefex. within $marcros.Gravatar()