This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Tag Cloud (widget) does not populate tags

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I added the tag cloud widget to the landing page, but it never shows any tags.  I can dig into it a bit later, but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Mine is working...it didn't at first, and then it started but not sure what changed. It may have been that it didn't work under localhost, but did once I put it out live...I would need to double check.

Are you running it under VS/localhost, or on a live site?

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM

It's hosted (live) on discountasp.net. Not a huge deal, I was hoping I wasn't the first and/or only person who ran into this issue. I will look over the source and see if I can find the issue (if it is in fact related to the source).  If I do, I will post what I find.

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Check the configuration of your Tag Cloud widget, as by default it only shows Tags that are used by at least 5 posts.

Go to Graffiti Admin > Presentation > Widgets and click "edit" on the tags widget. Look at the setting called "Minimum Number of Posts" and change it to "no minimum" if you want ALL tags to show up even if they are not used by any posts. Or you could choose one of the minimum # of post levels.

We should probably change the default value it's not so confusing. :)

Hope that helps!

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Come to think of it, that was my problem (above I said it didn't work at first and then it started working for no particular reason)...good catch!

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Thanks, I found where to edit it.