This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Exclude Post from RSS

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Hi-

It would be great if you would take under consideration a feature to exclude posts from the RSS feed. My site is primarily a blog, but, I have other categories which I use to display content. When I add posts to those categories those posts get aggregated into the RSS feed which is not what I want.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I have a RSS extensions plugin available at http://graffitirssextension.codeplex.com/.  I'll make an update to include a new checkbox custom field on posts that lets you choose whether or not you want the post included in RSS.  I should have this change available in the next day or so, so you can use it then if you want.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Actually, sorry, but this is going to take more time than I thought - I forgot that there is no event for before or after an RSS item is added - only the Channel level and inside the items.  We would need to add a BeforeRssItem event or something like that to the main code first.  I'll still take a look at it and see what I can come up with, because I think this is a really useful feature.