You must assign posts to a category. This allows Graffiti to build very smart and simple Urls which look like this:
However, there are times when you will want to create content that is not organized by a category. Graffiti enables this by using a special category called Uncategorized. Any uncategorized post is not grouped in a category.
An uncategorized post is ideal for a site’s meta-pages, such as an About page, Privacy terms, or Terms of Service. For example, if you created a new post called About and added it to the uncategorized category the url would look like this:
There are two additional points to be made about uncategorized posts:
- Uncategorized is the default category for any new post.
- If your site lists the most recent posts on the home page, uncategorized posts are not included in this list. Nor are uncategorized posts returned from a sitewide search. You can control this behavior from the dashboard.
Include Uncategorized Lists with Posts
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Site Options > Configuration.
2. Check or uncheck Include Uncategorized Posts with Lists
3. Click Update configuration